1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppet Collections

May 18, 2010

Muppet Collections

Ryan Dosier - I've come to realize something, Muppet fans. Something that is painfully obvious to anyone and everyone who has ever been in or heard legends of my bedroom. No, not the boogey-man under my bed (I realized he was there a long time ago). I've realized, rather suddenly, that I have a butt-load of Muppet stuff.

I know what you're thinking, "Ryan, how can you not realize that you have a butt-load of Muppet stuff until now?" Well, it happened the other day when my Gonzo and Fozzie Pook-a-Looz arrived. After I finished gushing over how awesomely adorable they are, I went to display them on my shelves somewhere. I realized, quite quickly, actually, that I had nowhere to put them. Yes, my Muppet stuff quota had been pushed to its limit.

What is an obsessed Muppet fan to do in this situation? Redecorate? Downsize? Buy more shelves? While all of those would have been fantastic ideas, instead I have decided to photographically document each and every piece of Muppet stuff I have. For posterity's sake, of course (and because I've been wicked bored now that I don't have school breathing down my neck).

But it got me thinking, if I have such an impressive collection, I wonder what other folks have. So, here I am once again calling out to all you Muppet fans out there. I would love to showcase your collections, or any parts of your collections, on The Muppet Mindset in a new article series that I'm dubbing The Muppet Fan's Muppet Collection Chronicle. I want to see your stuff. I'll display some of your favorite pictures here on The Muppet Mindset and the rest will go on The Muppet Mindset's Photobucket account with a link on the post so that everyone can view your collection.

If you're interested in participating, send me an email (ryguy102390@gmail.com) to discuss and to just let me know you're planning to contribute. I sincerely hope we get to see a wide array of Muppet collections spanning The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, or whatever else you wish to share.

Go forth and photograph, Muppet fans!













The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier

1 comment:

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner