1 The Muppet Mindset: Oscar Crosses the Pond

Aug 12, 2010

Oscar Crosses the Pond

A Message From The British Correspondent

Hello there, my young creatures of habit (and by habit, I mean, heading to The Muppet Mindset before breakfast, double-checking after lunch and then heading back after dinner just to be sure that a random new update hasn't been added...and by creatures I mean...normal, sane beings). Anyway, I felt the need to share some information that I surreptitiously discovered while ironing my work-trousers and listening to Radio 1. One afternoon last week, Greg James (Radio DJ) was interviewing Oscar the actual Grouch! -- I was rather taken aback and turned it up to be sure. Turns out he was doing some promo for the new season of SESAME TREE, Ireland's answer to the Street. Here's an iPlayer link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00td6j0/Greg_James_Thursday_Oscar_the_Grouch_WWE_and_Nabil!/ but I'm unsure exactly what time-period the interview is in (however, the show starts at 4 and I'd have been ironing my trousers between five and half five, so I'd suggest looking about an hour in). Note: American fans of the Grouch...I don't think the I in iPlayer stands for international. I'll check in again soon, old chaps, until then...enjoy your cereal, or pasta or roasties.

-- TBC













The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier

2 comments:

  1. Here's a photo to illustrate the event: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Oscar_the_Grouch_at_Sesame_Tree.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to tell who is more grouchy sometimes, whether Oscar or that Bittish guy.

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner