1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppet Fan Testimonials: Renee Angely

Nov 16, 2010

Muppet Fan Testimonials: Renee Angely

Renee Angely - I was born on January 28, 1990, about four months before Jim Henson died. I've always watched the Muppets ever since I was little. I clearly remember watching a tape with four episodes of Sesame Street that my parents had recorded for me. Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore. When I was around seven, I got the sing-along video It's Not Easy Being Green and I remember watching it at least seven times in a row that same day I got it. When I lived in Florida, I got a Fraggle Rock video from the local library and I watched it and fell in love with the show ever since. I can remember watching the show before school and watching The Muppet Show after school.


But the best time to watch the Muppets was always Christmas time. Every year, I always listened to the album, A Christmas Together with John Denver as my family and I decorated the Christmas tree. Then came Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, A Muppet Christmas Carol, and A Muppet Family Christmas. My favorite parts have always been when Kermit and Robin met the Fraggles for the first time and when all the characters sang together near the end. I don't think there will ever be another time when the characters from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock will be together like this, but we can always hope.


When I was around sixteen, I borrowed the video Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas from a local library in South Carolina and watched it for the first time at home and instantly fell in love with it. I can see why so many Muppet fans love it. In fact, it's my favorite Christmas special of all time. Then before I left for college in Pennsylvania, I found The Tale of the Bunny Picnic featuring Bean Bunny on YouTube and fell in love with the special.


There are so many great things about the Muppets, they're great singers, actors and musicians, and they always make me smile. The Muppets are the main reason why I love singing and dancing which grew into a love of musical theater. Whenever I sing or perform, I always think of the Muppets and how much fun they have. For me, the Muppets are a model of family, friends, fun and living life to the fullest, just like Jim lived his life. 









The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner