1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey - Michael Oberg

Mar 11, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey - Michael Oberg

 Answers from Michael Oberg 

1.   Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
I'd have to go for Kermit because he was such an endearing part of Jim and still is. Miss Piggy, obviously because she demands attention and has become such an iconic diva since her beginnings. And Gonzo, just because of his weirdness and likability. However I LOVE all the Muppets, so it is hard to narrow it down to just three.

2.   Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why? 
I am certainly more of a true "Muppet" fan, but from my early childhood to now I still love Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, and Grover.

3.   Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why? 
VERY creative show! I love Wembley, Red, and Trash Heap for their sheer uniqueness.

4.   What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
The Muppet Show OF COURSE! It showcased so many talents, and while many said it was doomed to fail, it became an iconic hit with too many memorable moments to mention!

5.   What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
I'd have to say The Muppet Movie only because it was the first of many to come, so quick and witty, and of all the Muppet films one can never forget that beautiful opening long shot panning down to Kermit and his banjo singing "Rainbow Connection." It was the penultimate moment in Muppet movies and the true essence of Jim Henson. (The Muppets would have to be my 2nd. It was surprisingly perfect).

6.   What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
"The Rainbow Connection" (haunting and beautiful), and "Saying Goodbye" (so expressively written and performed). I want both at my funeral service!

7.   If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
Frank Oz. I would love to hear stories about his close friendship with Jim.

8.   If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be? 
Simply stated (as Jim may appreciate it): Thank you.

9.   If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"? 
The EMOTIONAL, TOUCHING, and TEARFUL television special by the Muppets after Jim had passed away. It was one of the rare times we saw through the humor and wit of the Muppets and felt true loss. It touched a raw nerve and I will never forget it. It was legendary and showed how much Jim's legacy and creativity would be missed. At the time I wondered if the Muppets were through. I was wrong.

10.   What's the name of that song? 
Um...a Sesame Street thing I'm quite certain.

11.   If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
Stay by my side and just visit with me all day.

12.   In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made? 
The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. Such potential, but horribly written. The production design was fantastic, but they needed a stronger Dorothy (and why NOT Miss Piggy in the part--they could have designed a special witch a la Christmas Carol's ghosts). I REALLY wanted to love it. Not to be.

13.   Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie? 
HANDS DOWN--Cher or Dolly Parton, who have both had the Muppets on their own variety show in the 70s and 80s.

14.   If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
Kermit in a very respectful, loving pose.

15.   What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
WOW! As a Muppet collector that would be impossible to choose one. They are all ONE in TANDEM to me. I will include pics however. (LINK to my entire collection.)






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I just linked to the collection! Oh my holy dozzer sticks! I want it all! The answers are very creative and quite wonderful. The original quiz was what brought me here! I love that it has been brought back and I will have my answers in in a bit!
    Hugs and Giggles~Maria Gayle K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GAWD! That's a huge collection! Really cool!
    You have some good picks up there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner